Cloud Back-up and Disaster Recovery
Cloud backup is an effective risk mitigation against data-related disasters by transferring and storing mission critical business information away from the business premises in a primary data centre ---- the Cloud.
- Built-in tolerance on power spikes and outages
- Protection against network outages
- Fire suppression protection
- Physical security against unauthorized access
- ISO/IEC 27001 Certified data centre
- No offshore data storing, BITS Cloud is private and onshore
How Does Cloud Back-up Work?
Cloud backup process is largely automated, minimising need for maintenance is one of its advantages. In a nutshell, essential steps include:
Your whole database will be backed up/transferred to the Cloud on the initial back-up. Our client software analyses all data ‘blocks’ to be backed up, and compares them to existing blocks in the data centre. Blocks, which do not yet exist in the data center, are compressed and encrypted prior to being transferred.
Onsite backups can run as frequent as every 15 minutes which provides fast restoration without internet required. Cloud backups are typically performed nightly, however businesses with frequently changing data (hotels, booking chains, etc.) may decide to increase back-up frequency as appropriate.
No more than 2 copies of any given block are kept on hand at once. This is called reduplication, and it prevents multiple copies of the same file wasting space while still allowing multiple generations of that file to be restored. This is a complex process and can be explained further if requested.
Why Do You Need Cloud Back-up and Data Recovery?
While local backups may be sufficient to recover from minor disasters, a catastrophic event requires a remote data recovery solution for your business is to survive.
No one argues about the increasing reliance on critical data in today’s business environment, no matter if your business is growing, seeking opportunities to grow or going through any transformation.
However, it is often neglected how much damage loss of data could do to your business, and more than often, that damage is irreversible, or extremely expensive to reverse (that is besides the prolonged period of absolute non-productivity of staff, the panic it causes and ultimately the paralysation of BAU). So is your business safe-guarded when things go wrong?
Cloud back-up and disaster recovery solutions are extremely cost effective, considering the upside of money and resources saved to maintain a database, the hardware of it or to recover data loss. Ubiquitous adoption of the cloud solution is inevitable, so get in early and give your business the edge!
Offsite data back-up offers hardware failure resistance, protection against fire, flood, electrical faults, theft and human errors. The time is nigh, let us work with you to optimise your business productivity and efficiency!
BITS provides best-in-class backup and disaster recovery of StorageCraft ShadowProtect onsite and offsite. Create your local backups with ShadowProtect, and then replicate data safely and securely to the cloud. For added protection, mirror* your data to a second BITS cloud Services data center.
- Complete Windows Server Backups.
- Data is encrypted with AES-256 bit so data stored is kept safe and secure.
- Backup Snapshots completed every 15 minutes.
- Exchange mail boxes.
- Deduplication across all backup sets on the client-side.
- SQL databases.
- Easy to understand daily status report.
- VMware/ Hyper-V compatible.
- Active Directory / System State backups.
- Automated service.
- Insurance for business data.
- Your staff do not have to worry about backing up.
- No need to recover large files from the data centre if the local backup is still intact.
- Short / long term savings to the business.
- No additional hardware required.
- Fast recovery times due to the restoration of system state and active directories.
- If the local backup has failed, an encrypted hard-drive can be sent anywhere in the country in less than 24 hours for restoration to new hardware.
- Database growth is slowed down by compression and deduplication, minimising cost.
- Users passwords can be changed by admin, and not lose access to their data.
- Data is encrypted before being transferred, thus cannot be read if intercepted.
- Individual mailboxes can be recovered saving time and effort.